Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gold digger

Ardent pursuer,
you flattered and wooed
so I opened my heart,
though my pulse was subdued.
I sowed seeds of passion
and waited to reap:
My eyes were closed,
but I was not asleep.

At first I believed
all your beautiful lies
-- then you gazed deeper
into my purse than my eyes.
I’m slow on the surface
but quick in the deep:
My eyes were closed,
but I was not asleep.

You make it your business
to court and betray,
so I’ll see that you get
the appropriate pay.
I too can play wolf
dressed up like a sheep:
My eyes are closed,
but I am not asleep.




In Aesop's fable, the wolf was hanged



        Do you consider yourself a good judge of character? Why or why not?

3 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

I'm probably a little too trusting. :P Hang that wolf! That'll teach him.

dogimo said...

No, I do not.

Hm. The second question turns it all paradoxical. Because...okay, I am a good judge of my own character! That's why.

Katie said...

I think that I am a terrible judge of character some times. I always seem to really fall for people, think they're great, and then realize months into the friendship that they're not so awesome. I actually have a handful of friends which are kind of crappy people and not very good friends. I've learnt to keep them at a good distance so not to get hurt, while still maintaining the friendship.

I guess I enjoy crummy people some times.