Thursday, March 18, 2010

On the Danforth, a sudden change of heart

The muddy grass in Withrow Park gives me
wet, smacking kisses on the soles of my boots,
and even the dour, winter-bare trees seem
good natured in their annual preparation.
Children unfold like morning glories.

West of Pape, a church steeple holds up the sun
like a pedestal, and a half-blinded east ender
follows the light downtown.




Withrow Park, Toronto. Photo by Skeezix1000



        I don't know about you, but spring makes me want to make plans and go OUT. Anywhere. What spring plans are you excited for?

2 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Pretty much the same as any time of year. Stay inside a play new hotly anticipated video games! :)

Mary said...

I cannot wait until summer is actually here. Now that I get home at 4, I plan on hopping in the pool right after work, getting some sun and exercise. I also LOVE to sit on a nice sunny patio and knock back some cold ones. That's a shitty part of not being downtown anymore... But getting off early allows me sufficient time to get downtown.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. The sun and warmth just brightens my day :) Yay Spring!!