Friday, January 29, 2010

Ninetendo Wii

A parody of the Beatles' Norwegian Wood

I dated a nerd. He was well paid, I got him laid.
He showed me his room: big screen TV, Nintendo Wii.

He asked me to play Super Mario two-player mode.
He played as Mario, I was stuck playing as Toad.

We watched the intro, played through world one, it was good fun.
He beat Bowser’s kid, and then he cooed: “Time for world two.”

The game got too tricky, I couldn’t continue to play.
He laughed at my failure and callously sent me away.

He played through the night, ignored me all week. I dumped the geek.
But first, I robbed him blind. Got it for free, Nintendo Wii.


This parody is dedicated to Andrew, my nerd love (who is so sweet, he doesn't tease me too much for sucking hard at Super Mario, even though I really do).




This doesn't particularly relate to the poem; it's just cool/nerdy.



        What's the most vengeful thing you've ever done?

3 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorkmaster Flek said...

Bwahahahahahahaha! This is so awesome! There's a few rhythm issues with the word choices, but this is a fantastic parody. :)

I'm really not a vengeful person. Probably the worst act of vengeance I ever enacted was deleting Jon's saved game in Final Fantasy 6 on the SNES. I don't even remember what he did to piss me off so much...

For anyone who is confused about why we break up and Shayla takes my Wii in the song when that would never happen in real life, it's because the original song (written by Lennon) was about a guy basically getting cockteased by a woman and taking revenge on her by setting her house on fire. Damn John, relationship issues much? :)

References for those who want them:
Wikipedia article on the song
Lyrics on LyricWiki

The lyrics of the last verse are fucking brilliant. Notice the repeat of the line "Isn't it good Norwegian wood?", but with a very different meaning from when it first appears. Gorramit, I love The Beatles. :)

Also, damn Blogger for not letting you edit your comments. :P

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Okay I'm not going to delete my second comment just to add to it. :P

I forgot to point out that Shayla does the same thing in her parody with the "Nintendo Wii" line, which is awesome. The mark of a great parody is in aping not just the music, but even the nuances of the original lyrics. Weird Al is excellent at this, and it's part of what makes his parodies so brilliant. He would be proud. :)