Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cultivating bad habits

This poem has been taken down for submission to a publication. Apologies for the inconvenience.




I'm planning a vacation the last week in January, and I'm looking for five poets (one for each workday) to guest-blog here while I'm away. You don't need to be a professional or even an experienced poet, you just need to be able to send me your poem with a photo and a question for the "Thoughts?" section sometime by early-mid January. If you're interested, leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I'll contact you.




Photo by Dennis Marciniak



        What's your worst habit?

5 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Probably drinking too much. :) I mean, I don't end up being sick, but I generally get more drunk than other people, and not at the most appropriate times, i.e. family gatherings and such. :P

Alexis said...

among my many bad habits, one that i care to share would be being honest. i was taught that it is the best policy, but sometimes i don't consider other people's feelings.

Mary said...

hmmm yeah probably drinking and eating junk... and being lazy. and picking my nose... haha kidding. anyway i will try my best to curb these habits for 2010........ we'll see how that goes. hehe.

Claudia said...

Making a big mess doing something fun like cooking or making artsy fartsy stuff, and not cleaning it up after I make it!

TM said...

Hey--

I found you through TGAW. I've been reading your blog for a bit now, and I thought this was as good of a time as any to delurk.

My "worst habit" is putting tasks off for the last possible moment. I put it in quotation marks because I think my best work comes under that kind of pressure. Some things I spent weeks preparing turned out to be blah at best, but people still expect ya' not to procrastinate.

If you still need guest poets, I'm interested - toriemichelle[at]gmail.com