Friday, November 6, 2009

Wretched crow

Wretched crow, does anyone else feed you?
Your ribs show through patchy feathers, yet
you're too wrathful to sit in cupped hands,
too vain to accept gifts offered in charity,
too spiteful to twitter a courteous song.

I throw you the table scraps of my life
and you peck at them indifferently.


Want to help me win a contest AND support an awesome blog? Go to the ThoseGirlsAreWild Contest and leave a comment saying Shayla sent you.




Photo by nswallace



        Ever try to help someone who wouldn't accept your help?

4 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Nobody's ever turned down my help, but I don't think I do it that often. I'm a bad person. :)

timkbryant said...

I can't say I can recall someone spurning my help so much as I can say I have felt that I want to help but been in a completely-helpless-to-do-so position.
I hope that makes sense.

Mary said...

Yeah, I know some people refuse advice because they think they know better... And who knows maybe their way IS better. As long as you're not overbearing with it and you let them live their life still I think it's still appreciated even if they don't accept the help/advice... All in all their life is their responsibility.

Katie said...

That happens to me some times at work. I work with a lot of proud men who won't accept my help even when they might need it. I think they're ashamed or something.