Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dream geographers

This poem has been taken down for submission to a publication. Apologies for the inconvenience.






Dickens' Dream, unfinished painting by Robert W. Buss


        I have a recurring dream in which the closet at my grandparents' house connects directly to their storage nook. I sometimes have to open the closet when I'm at their house to check, because I'm never 100% certain it doesn't. Do you have a location in your dreams that is repeatedly different from the way it is in waking life?

6 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Hahaha! I don't usually remember my dreams, but this poem was hilarious. :)

Sarah said...

I don't have the dream but I could definitely see how you would think that!! Love Cousin S.

Quasi Serendipita said...

This is a great post! I have dreams about the location of a long-lost item. When I wake up, I am convinced I now know where it is, but I still haven't found it!

Cairo Typ0 said...

Visiting from BPOTW! :D

I always have very vivid dreams. I'm the technicolour dream girl to the point where i'm not sure if i've dreamed things or if they actually happened.

Great post! :D

BPOTW said...

What a wonderful post! It's very vivid and fun!

Shannon Teresa said...

Incredible. Please calm yourself or you'll wake yourself up.

Very unique and interesting poem. Save this one in the "Goodies" list