Monday, November 16, 2009

Andrew cares for his hungover wife

I’m really trying to get up
but my body is too wet flour
that won’t conform
to any particular shape,
no matter how I roll it
over the tangled blankets.
Andrew! Scoop me up
in a bowl and wring me out
in the kitchen sink.
Sift with your fingers
to keep my brain from
spilling out my mouth
and down the drain.


A new site called Review Your Own Blog has recently launched -- check out my review of A Poet on Adelaide West and, if you have a blog, consider submitting your own review.




The hangover by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec



        My actual hangover cure involves Ibuprofen, Gatorade, television and fast food. You?

4 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Don't forget lots of videogames. :)

Mary said...

Hahaha was this on Sunday??? We didn't feel so hot either. Good times though!

And yeah I usually never take drugs but I try to drink a lot of liquids - Gatorade if I have it - and I need to eat. Usually big heavy foods. Very healthy... haha.

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant said...

Gatorade = Lots of salt = Bad for hangovers. Water is better. I prefer mineral water with Emergen-C