Monday, September 21, 2009

nifty nifty Myrna's fifty


Mom makes beergaritas
(beer, tequila, lemonade)
they sound disgusting
but go down sweet and smooth
especially compared to whiskey shots
five shots poured and five guys here
and guess what that makes?
drunk volleyball

Mom's best friend runs streamers across
the kitchen windows like crepe paper horizons
sets up inflatable palm trees
presents my mom with
a plastic tiara, lei, feather boa
and Mom goes all weekend
without taking them off
gulping her beergarita down
and crying this is the best birthday ever!

3 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Aw, I'm glad Myrna had a good time. It was a fun weekend. :)

Andrea said...

Aww, happy birthday Myrna!

Mary said...

Awhh I'm sorry I missed it! Haha, and I like how all three comments start with some version of "Awh".

So beergaritas were actually good? Sounds odd yet I wouldn't mind trying it!