Friday, July 24, 2009

Getaway girl


My boss asks, “Do you have your license?”
and ten minutes later I’m cruising Queen Street
with the windows down and the radio screaming
as papers-in-hand he wanders around
the tall, white government building
like a purposeful ant.

The sunshine soaks into my eyes like madness
and I lean out the window to grin and wave
at the bustling China Town crowd.
This is a good day -- let the radio play what it will.

I don’t know what kind of car this is
but it’s more expensive than any I’ll ever own
and my job is to keep it moving so I move it.

5 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

You're an outdoor cat. :)

Cristina Marrero said...

Me Like. =0)

Shanno Teresa said...

Whoa this is so tasty. I actually read this 5 times back to back no lie!

Mary said...

awesommmme that's a good way to kill an hour or so. better than being at your desk!

p.s. i hope you had fun saturday. you were TANKED!! it was hilarious...

Alex James said...

Cars, even when being used in a chauffeur capacity, still represent freedom. Your final line makes this brilliant.