Monday, June 15, 2009

You make exceptions for your friends


You make exceptions for your friends, we all do.

Starfish talks in movie theatres. Sideways Vagina occassionally litters. Nooder loves the crappy song on the radio, unaware that it's actually a cover of a good song. Banana voluntarily listens to top 40's country and Nickleback. Tugboat cares about the label. Miss Jamaica needs a celebrity gossip diet.

Sometimes it occurs to me -- all the assholes
who drive me crazy and fuck up the world
are just my dear, dear friends
with their sole faults.



I love you bitches -- you know who you are.

4 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

The personal connection makes us judge everything less harshly. It's a psychological thing. They use it in fictional entertainment all the time. Well, the good ones do. :)

Amy said...

I wonder what your friends would label you. What do you think your less-than-favorable character trait would be?

alexis said...

i love you too giraffe

Katie said...

LOL! Love this poem. Made me laugh on a miserable day. I'm going to print it and put it in my room. :)