Monday, May 4, 2009

Takes me to the zoo


A giant lizard that can swallow a water buffalo
and give you blood poisoning with its spit
is infinitely more interesting
than anything cable TV can come up with,
but going to the zoo still gives me
the vague boa constrictor stomach
you get when you go to a third world country
and you’re not sure
if the school you helped build is enough
to offset all the carbon points you used
on the flight over.

Andrew says the highlight of the day
was watching a three hundred pound orangutan
take an elevated shit

I prefer the otters
fuzzy things that exist only to cuddle and swim
Less vulgar, but no less superficial

2 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Yeah I kind of got the same feeling walking around. Although the otters had a pretty sweet setup. :)

Claudia said...

Yes I always get that feeling walking around. It was much nicer when we were driving out east and saw deer, meese, bald eagles and seals in their natural habitats.