Friday, April 24, 2009

Wild and unfocused


In the past twenty-four hours
I have made elaborate plans to
            write a book
            create my own stationary
            photograph Toronto twelve stories up
            concoct an intricate mystery game
            throw a secret dinner party
            design my own stamp
            freelance for a popular website
            produce my own cartoon series
            learn to read tarot cards.

All I have actually done
is write this poem.
This is not uncommon.

Creative energy is just as wild and unfocused
as any other form of energy. No matter
how I try to needle head it through
the cracks in my resolve
forty to forty-five percent
always turns to heat
lost through my head.

1 comment:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Eh, I'm the same way. I used to have ambitions about building levels for games. Now I'm lucky if I can keep up with the weekly Rock Band downloads. :)