Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Return trip


Troy sleeps the whole ride home from Burlington
propped against my sister’s shoulders like a broom
teetering when the GO train shifts in the wind
He misses all the grey factory yard scenery
He misses Andrew’s impromptu lecture on
Trains As The Neatest Form Of Sustainable Transit

I stare out the window at the rain
Anything west of Bathurst
might as well be a separate country to me
When the robotic lady's voice announces
Next stop Exhibition Place
I feel like Toto we’re back in Kansas again.

2 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Strangely, Burlington looked a lot like Markham. :) Thanks for mailing my letter today babe!

Mary said...

I hope you guys had a good time!! Yeah Burlington takes a little getting used to. But really once you get over the initial "oh my god, so many white people and soccer moms" factor, you realize it's not so different than most other suburbs. It's actually a pretty nice place.

Kinda the same how the Burlington friends thought coming to my house for parties would be so dangerous and scary... they admitted, it's really not all that different.