Monday, February 16, 2009

Love at Main Street Station


I've spent the last three years
Wandering thrift store aisles
Catch my eye on gold framed photos
Finger teacups, soap dishes
Fall hopelessly in love with armoires and floral sofas
Only to turn my back on them, heartbroken
Amass sugar bowls and salt shakers
Fill my parents' basement with chandeliers, Christmas tree
Trimmings for a house I don't have yet
Starry-eyed sparrow picking nest-grass

I knew our house would be filled, inevitably
With quaint, quirky charms
But never dared to dream it would be so charming itself.

4 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

ZOMG house boner! :)

Urban Folk said...

Congratulations are in order; I'm sure you will have a beautiful and unique home. And I'm very sure your mom will be happy to have her basement back ;)

alexis said...

HAHAHAH house boner! i love you andrew! is it a solid deal? do you guys own a house??? i'm so excited for you. i was watching this house buying show today & thought of you guys. i'm very excited to see it. CUZIN PAINTING PARTY!!

Claudia said...

I'm so excited to hear about your house!!!!