Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hamster wheel


Remember the time I had labyrinthitis
And thought it was vertigo?
Anxiety inflamed the dizzy spells
Wrist red from my elastic band bracelet
Snapped each time I thought about doctors
Old trick from a wise friend
Not the first time I mistook
A minor virus for a chronic condition
I am one big psychosomatic mess

Prone to obsession
My mind likes to run ‘round and ‘round
An idea like a hamster wheel
One it gets going fast enough, the ride doesn’t stop

Take comfort, the carousel ponies go up and down
For every day I am red-wrist worried
There is another, like this day
With only spark and sweetness
Replayed like the one mixed tape on a family road trip.


This is my 100th poem in four months. Wild.

1 comment:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Hehe, I like the word "psychosomatic". :)