Saturday, January 17, 2009

Different breed of music lover


I love the way you listen to music
Deliberately, without distraction
Not constant in the background, as others do
It floods your senses, consciousness
Carries you into it like the tide

Point out the parts I miss
Time signatures, key changes
Six beats over five, theme continued
Take it apart, always, like a scientist
Fold it out for me, a road map

Naïve of your gift, privately proud
You unwittingly attract the only girl
Turned on by your thoughtless ability
To recognize, name the classical pieces
We hear in cheesy commercial clips
In the background of Looney Tunes shorts

I love the waves of the water
And I can move with them, flawlessly
Make myself a part of them, effortlessly
But only you can see beneath the surface.

2 comments:

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Awwww that was nice. :) Also I just listened to the commentary on War Stories about marriage and such and I'm a little drunk and I love you.

Dorkmaster Flek said...

Also, now that I'm sober again, I absolutely adore the last part about the waves and seeing beneath the surface. :)